2018 Craft Goals
I always enjoy setting craft and project goals for myself at the beginning of the year.
Often times, my interests, focus, and follow through tends to evolve throughout the year, but I still enjoy it!
Even if I don’t complete all my goals, it’s fun to see where I started the year at, and where I end up.
I like to set my goals based on craft types just for ease of reference.
My craft goals don’t include every project I plan on working on or completing throughout the year.
Instead, I try to focus on projects that include an element, skill, or technique that is new to me.
That way it helps motivate me to expand my skills! And who doesn’t love learning and mastering new things?
I’m hoping to check in here quarterly to see where I’m at and help keep myself motivated and accountable!
So here is a list of my 2018 craft goals!
- Colorwork or Fair Isle
- Finish a pair of socks (I have one in the works currently)
- Fingerless gloves
- Start a scrap blanket
- Two at a time socks
- Socks with an afterthought heel
- Fish lips kiss heel
- Finish my Maple Leaf Dance quilt
- Make Addie a quilt
- A quilt for our bed
- Establish three hexie scrap quilts and decide on a pattern
- Start two secret gift quilts
- A sewing organizer
- A sewing machine cover
- An adult shirt
- An adult dress
- At least 1 garment for each girl
- A tote or other project bag
- Fabric baskets for the girls' bookcase downstairs
- Bowl cozies
Other Crafts and Projects
- Catch up my project life (I'm about 2 1/2 years behind. Yikes!)
- Evelyn's first year book
- Addie's first year book
- Finish our hall tree
- Build entry table
- Bookshelf for Addie
- Quilt ladder for office
- Yarn and fabric dying
- Wood burning
- Wood carving
- Spinning - drop spindle or wheel
- Get back to drawing
- 1 year in stitches embroidery project (I am starting this late as I have not received my supplies yet, so I am still debating - do I "cheat" and make up for the stitches I missed, or start and go 365 days from there?)
Whew! That seems like a lot all listed out, but I'm feeling pretty motivated for the year to come!
Do you make goals for your crafting year? If so, I’d love to hear about them! Link to a list if you have one posted, or tell me which of your goals you’re most excited about and/or which intimidates you the most!
Let me know in the comments below! Or, tag me in an Instagram post with @Peoniesandcream or #Peoniesandcream.